How to use that pomade:
Alright guys, I know this quarantine has got your hair going all kinds of crazy. We know and appreciate your support so very much! I’m going to try to give you guys a few tips on how to use that pomade properly. That way it can help stretch your haircut out until we can open back up, or just help you achieve that same look at home as you get in the barber chair.
Now there are all kinds of pomades for all different types of hair and styles. Whether you’re looking for a slick down, shiny style to a feathered, nature look, there is a pomade that will do the trick. It all boils down to how you apply that pomade. The best way to learn is trial and error. Be patient with yourself, everyone’s hair is going to require a different amount of pomade and/or styling techniques based on what style you want to get as an end result.
Steps to applying pomade:
1. You need to start with clean hair, wash that previous product out of your hair to avoid getting a greasy buildup (unless that’s what you’re going for)
2. You need to apply it to dry hair. I know it seems like too much work but it really only takes a couple minutes at most to blow dry or towel dry your hair, just make sure it is mostly dry. If your hair is still wet or damp, you risk the pomade not sticking to your hair and making it impossible to hold your style. I will say that blow drying is preferred for most styles.. don’t be too mad! It allows the hair to have more control and gives it a little more volume for your style.
3. Try to only use a dime size amount from the tin. Then rub it between your hands to soften it. A little goes a long way and you can always add more later.
4. You’re going to apply it from scalp to ends with your fingertips. It will be easier if you spike your hair from scalp to ends to prevent clumping and get even product distribution throughout. Don’t forget about the back of your hair or any cowlicks that might need a little more holding power.
5. Go ahead and coat the whole head with the remaining product on your hands. Run your fingers all through your hair to generously coat each strand, still applying from scalp to ends, ensuring that you’ve gotten the product through your hair evenly.
6. Now is the time to apply more product, if needed. For greater hold in areas or if you are looking for a slicker style, just remember again that a little goes a long way.
7. Final step is to style with your comb or fingers. This is the fun part! If your hair hasn’t been cut into a particular style, you’re going to have a lot more liberty with what you can do. Don’t be afraid to use your fingers to position locks of hair right where you want them to stay.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your stylist to see what product recommendations she has for you. We love to formulate our products for you specifically, so you can get that barbershop look on an everyday basis. We miss all of you, and can’t wait to serve you guys soon!